Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rant: Casual Fridays

I have some beef with Casual Friday. My office is pretty casual normally, so we're always toeing a particularly faint line between business and casual attire, but Casual Friday comes along and whaps me in the face every single Thursday night. And, remarkably, every single Thursday night all the remotely acceptable casual clothes disappear from my closets. Which brings us to tonight's dilemma...

It's Thursday night. I have no clothes. I desperately want to wear jeans, but all appropriate buttondowns have already been worn this week. Wearing my beloved pirate t-shirt is not allowed. Tomorrow's going to be seasonably warm (it's been unseasonably cool for the past few days), which complicates things further. Oh, Casual Friday, why do you taunt me with your denim-acceptability policy?

I'd rather just have Casual Everyday or Casual Never. Bah-humbug.

1 comment:

yimfay said...

Funny...if you worked in the tech industry then you'd get casual everyday!